Monday, August 30, 2010

Greenwich

Today we went out to Greenwich. This is the University of Greenwich, which used to be a Naval Hospital. In the distance, across the River Themes, is the modern Canary Wharf, where my Brother in Law James works. I love the contrast of the old and new.
On the University grounds. The Queens House in the distance.
Waiting for the train.
Charlies Angels found a letterbox.
Freshly changed out of their superman suits.
Royal Greenwich Observatory 24 hour clock.
What lovely sweets. Only allowed to window shop.
Another one for Grandad. The new planetarium, just outside the observatory.
Straddling the prime meridian at 0 degrees.

4 comments:

  1. you hit all my favourite spots, and the old pie shop I take it is. I also change in phone booths

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does Emma know to stay away from the train tracks on the platform

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Susan & Keith, Heidi & Stephanie!

    So glad you are all having a wonderful time! Great pic's Susan! I want to wish you & Keith a very Happy 25th Wedding Anniversary (tomorrow on Aug. 31st!..lol) I pray that the Lord continues to bless your marriage & may you both enjoy this trip together with much happiness & romance as possible! I love you guy's! With all my heart, Addie! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I saw the girls coming out the telephone cell I thought Dr. Who brought them back. :-)

    ReplyDelete